Followers

We're on Facebook too!!

Click here to go to our Facebook page

Friday, July 27, 2012

27/07/12

Lets face it, most of us will remember this date for one reason...The London 2012 opening ceremony. However, one very special person will remember this date for another reason...it was also her 21st birthday. Remember Bethany who celebrated her 18th birthday a couple of weeks ago??? Well, today is her Sister Becca's 21st birthday.

Again  we've known Becca since she was...well since way back when she was still shorter than me!!! (trust me, at not quite 5ft tall, that takes some doing!!)... I personally started working with Becca when she was just 16...it seems like just yesterday I was teaching her how to use the tills and hang trousers the correct way...and now all of a sudden she's 21 (and considerably taller than me!).

Just like Bethany, we were asked to make a few cards and gifts for Becca. I can't really tell you much about them all without giving it all away, so I'll start by showing you this ...


A special basket for a special day...when we were asked to put a basket together, we just couldn't resist making it a British theme to tie her gift in with the olympic day...


Luckily it helped that her favourite things were available in the British theme..maltesers, original source ...even the jelly babies were available in the London mascot shapes!!!



Plus of course she got some personalised bunting and even her own gold medal (although apologies of it melts!!).

So that's the gift out of the way ... want to see her cards??? haha ok, first up there's this card that I made to go along with this gift...



I've of course stuck with the red, white and blue theme to make it match her gift. Both the gift above and this card were from Donna, Ed and their three girls...hope you liked them Becca.

Next up there's the card from us ... for months I knew what I wanted to do with this card, but I couldn't quite bring myself to make it in case I couldn't get it as good as it looked inside my head!!!...Eventually though I gave in and made this ...



Another red,white and blue theme...only this time tatty has bunting with the date on it ...


then there's the bunting at the top with London 2012...


and there's even the little girl (that I think looks a bit like Becca) holding her union flag with "Becca 21" on it. As much as I didn't want to do the card in case I couldn't make it special enough...I'm actually pretty proud of how it turned out. Ooo and just like Bethany's, it's also got a candle to match ...

Hope you liked it RC!!!

Last of all on Becca's list was the card Bethany asked us to make for her Sister. When Becca asked us to make a card for Bethany, I knew what I wanted to do...I also secretly hoped Bethany would then ask us to make a card for Becca...so when she did I was delighted...my plan would work!!! Not only did I use the "little Sister" ribbon on Bethany's card, but ...


I also got to use the "Big Sister" ribbon on Becca's card!!! Two special cards for very  special Sisters on their special birthdays.

Hope you had the most amazing day Becca and you liked your cards and presents. 

Little x
















No comments:

Post a Comment