Followers

We're on Facebook too!!

Click here to go to our Facebook page

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

A Month Of Posts ...


I'm heading back in time with today's projects. A few weeks ago we were working our way through a rather long list of cards we needed to make. These two cards were part of that list ... 

First up is this card I made for a Nanny from her three Grandaughters. I've got a bit of a thing about this garden image at the moment. I think it gives the cards a real homely and summery feel. You've probably noticed I've used it a few times now, but it works so well with most of the characters we use ... it's definitely my favourite! 




Next up was this card made for the same lady, but this time from her Son and Daughter in Law. Mum made this one using the little hedgehog from the woodland folk range. A while back I found something new I wanted to try out with my card making. I decided to use it for the first time when making Mum's Mothers Day card. I was pleased with it, as it seems was Mum as she's used it on quite a few of her cards since then!! The little letters you see on the card above have been placed on little springs using jewellery wire, which gives the cards added dimension and that extra bit of something special. Ooo and you can of course manipulate them into any position, they're really fun to play with!! 

Over on the docrafts site, today's topic was about whether you scrapbook or not. Personally I've not tried it yet. I'd really love to, but I haven't had the courage to do it yet. I've got some beautiful photographs from our holiday to Australia a couple of years ago along with tickets and other bits and bobs. So far I've gotten as far as buying the scrapbook and getting all the pictures and stuff together, but then I just sit and stare at it. I'm too worried it'll end up not looking all that great!! Maybe one day I'll get to it, but for now I'm sticking with the card making and being afraid of scrapbooking!! 

Hope everyone's enjoying this bit of sunshine we seem to be having.
Little x

3 comments:

  1. Oh, go for it! What's the worst-case scenario? It looks a mess? I think not...

    By the way, I hate the word verification on blogs. I just delete any that make it through the spam filters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, go on, have a go!!! I've never looked back since I started, and it's just so rewarding :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure you will enjoy scrapbooking when you decide to give it a go. You have a lovely blog, and your cards are beautiful/.

    Love and hugs

    Annie xx

    ReplyDelete